Sandy Springs named most most affluent area in Georgia and second most affluent in the South, slightly behind Arlington, Virginia and is also among the top 10 wealthiest areas in the nation.
In its rankings of 420 U.S. communities with populations above 75,000, Portfolio.com said Sandy Springs is the ninth-most affluent area in the United States. The city has a per capita income of $55,752, a median household income of $71,592 and median house value of $486,500. Some 17.6 percent of its households boast annual incomes of $200,000 or more.
Roswell, Georgia, ranked 49th overall and eight in the South with a per capita income of $36,001, median household income of $75,490 and median house value of $322,800.
Atlanta came in 79th in the United States with a per capita income of $35,128, median household income of $48,865 and median house value of $254,600.
Check out these great luxury Sandy Springs neighborhoods.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Sandy Springs Community Meeting on Coyotes
- Food `n Fun Festival at Morgan Falls
- Junior League of Atlanta’s 16th Annual Tour of Kitchens
- Sandy Springs Police Charity Invitational Golf Tournament
- Improvements to Roswell Road Bridge Public Open House